LIBRARY TIMING: 10.00 AM to 8.00 PM
ACCESS TO LIBRARY :
- All the bonafide staff members and students of IGAU, Raipur are eligible to use the library.
- Bonafide research workers of other institutes may be permitted to use the Library on request through proper channel. However, no materials will be issued to any outsiders form the library.
- Every person who enters the Library shall sign on the visiting registers, placed at the entry point of Library.
- Bags, books, umbrellas and other personal property should be kept at a property counter. Only loose papers and pens/ pencils are allowed inside the Library.
LOAN PRIVILEGES :
Readers Electronic Barcoded membership card for issues of books and other documents will be issued as follows Overdue per day charge 0.50
Period of Loan – 14 Days
- University Officers – 06 Number of Books
- Professor – 06 Number of Books
- Professor – 05 Number of Books
- Professor – 05 Number of Books
- D. Students – 05 Number of Books
- PG Students – 04 Number of Books
- UG Students – 02 Number of Books
- Sc/ST Book Bank – 02 Number of Books
- Research & Extension Staff – 02 Number of Books
- Other Staff All cadres – 02 Number of Books
- Books will be issued according to their respective category for 14 days but these are liable to recalled at any time.
- A fine of Rs.50/- would be levied for issue a duplicate membership ID card. A member who had lost a card shall make a written reports of the same to the Librarian
- Electronic Bar-coded membership ID card is non transferable and the borrower shall be responsible for the loss or damage of books and other Library materials issued on their cards.
- The book may be renewed for a further period of 14 days provided there is no demand from other readers.Bags, books, umbrellas and other personal property should be kept at a property counter. Only loose papers and pens/ pencils are allowed inside the Library.
- Reference book may be issued for overnight to Scientist, Teaching staff and Ph.D/P.G. students, if another copy available on same title. Reading materials must be returned on the next day before 11.00 AM. Various database, reading materials in electronic forms, Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Year books, Theses and Statistics etc will not be issued. The overdue charge for above materials will be Rs.10.00 per hour.
OTHER RULES :
- Silence shall be strictly observed in the Library
- Mobile phone shall be switched off while entering the Library.
- Smoking and spitting are strictly prohibited in the Library
- No user of the Library shall write by pen or pencil or any mark or remark or damage any publication of the Library.
- If any publication is lost or disfigured or if any page of picture is removed by the readers, he/she will be required to replace it by a new copy. If readers fail to do so, reader will be required to pay the present cost of the materials and also pay the fine as decided by the Librarian. If books is out of print (with publishers proof) than reader will pay double cost of the book with late fees. The decision of the Librarian shall be final in case of controversy.
- The borrower is required to examine the books at the time of receiving them. The last borrower will be held responsible for any damage.
- “No Dues” shall be issued within 15 days after receipt of written application from the readers, in case of loss of title.
- Readers not obeying following library rules shall be asked to leave the library.
- The readers found creating noise and misbehaving with the Library Staff will be prohibited from using the V.V. Library.
- The students shall not be allowed in the technical room/ store room and circulation counter of the library.